TORONTO – Canadian Premier League and soccer fans alike are set to have access to live coverage of all 98 Canadian Premier League inaugural season matches starting with the much-anticipated opening match on April 27th between Forge FC and York9 FC at Hamilton’s Tim Hortons Field through OneSoccer, the new home of Canadian Soccer.
Through the Canadian Premier League’s “Official Media Partnership” with MEDIAPRO, one of the largest global soccer rights holders and content creators in the world, with 58 offices on four continents, OneSoccerwill carry live coverage of all Canadian Premier League matches,with a selection of key matches to be simulcast on a national conventional broadcaster.
MEDIAPRO is the largest single producer of soccer in the world with some 7,000 matches produced globally every year from more than 15 leagues and other competitions worldwide. It is the long-term international media rights partner for Spain’s LaLiga and also has partnerships with FIFA, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and UEFA among others.
“Our new partnership with the MEDIAPRO team is a significant step forward for access to the Canadian Premier League matches,” said David Clanachan, Commissioner, Canadian Premier League. “MEDIAPRO is world-renowned for its award-winning coverage, superb broadcast quality and promotional expertise. We are excited to be a big part of OneSoccer’s ambitious plans for soccer in Canada and look forward to reaching a considerable audience on multiple platforms.”
Here is what viewers can expect from OneSoccer, The new home of Canadian Soccer, now and in the coming months:
- OneSoccer is a dedicated linear soccer channel currently available as a streaming service. It will feature live coverage of all 98 regular season Canadian Premier League matches as well as the Canadian Premier League Championship.
- In addition to live matches, there will be further live and long-form pre-game, half-time and post-game analysis shows around every match.
- Coming soon: Live daily “Canadian Soccer News” studio broadcasts and reports from daily training sessions from all seven clubs.
- Fans can expect to see magazine and shoulder programming throughout the year.
- OneSoccer is available globally through onesoccer.ca from launch and will soon be available across all connected devices and as a linear channel nationwide.
- All matches will be produced by MEDIAPRO Canada and aired on OneSoccer. MEDIAPRO is committed to bringing the highest production standards to every Canadian soccer game aired on OneSoccer and elsewhere.
- Canadian Premier League coverage on OneSoccer will be available worldwide, subject to separate licensing agreements in individual territories.
- OneSoccer will be available for a free trial period for all subscribers.
Fans can register directly at OneSoccer.ca and will be updated when new features are available and when the app will be ready for download. Further information on the OneSoccer brand and its features are available on onesoccer.ca.