Cavalry FC is committed to welcoming our fans into ATCO Field at Spruce Meadows as safely as possible. As such, we have implemented a series of health and sanitization policies and procedures and are monitoring guidelines from Alberta Health Services (AHS), the Canadian Premier League (CPL) and public health officials. Every fan plays an important role in facilitating a safe environment at ATCO Field at Spruce Meadows.
Cavalry FC and Spruce Meadows will continue to monitor guidelines and protocols from local public health officials and will update these Safety Guidelines as needed. Please visit this page regularly for updated information.
New Covid-19 Fan Protocols Commencing September 22
(REVISED – September 19, 2021)
In light of the Alberta Government’s announcement (made immediately following the club’s Covid-19 Fan Protocols announced on September 16), Cavalry FC has amended our policies to reflect the Alberta Governments’ Restriction Exemption Program.
We remain resolved in wanting to provide a level of comfort and safety for our passionate fan base attending the remainder of Cavalry FC home games through November. The club will continue to operate under these measures and in strict adherence to Alberta Health guidelines and recommendations.
“We felt we must do our part and join fellow organizations that already moved to having this process in place,” said Ian Allison, President of Cavalry FC. “We have been discussing it for quite a while, and tracking the data during our break in the schedule from home games. In the end, we want to be able to welcome fans back to ATCO Field and for everyone to feel safe and compliant within the recommendations of our provincial health authorities. We also want to play a responsible role in helping to keep any more people from getting sick with this devastating virus.”
All Cavalry FC players, staff, officials, contractors, stadium staff, and event staff are required to follow the same requirements and guidelines.
These measures will take effect starting on the September 22 match versus Pacific FC.
NEW!! ID for Children aged 12-17 // City of Calgary & Foothills County Bylaw
We apologize for any confusion surrounding bringing children aged 12-17 to the match and whether or not some sort of ID is required for them.
The City of Calgary has instituted a bylaw which states the following:
- In alignment with the provincial Restriction Exemption Program (REP), youth aged 12 to 17 are required to show proof of vaccination/negative test/medical exemption plus valid personal identification. This could be a birth certificate, health care card or passport, or other government-issued identification.
More info: City of Calgary Bylaw.
What we’re doing
We will be following all AHS guidelines at all Cavalry FC home games. As these may change throughout the course of the season, please check back frequently to ensure that you are prepared for each game.
Some of the measures that we have taken to ensure the safety of our players, staff, and guests are:
NEW! Proof of vaccination
People ages 12 and older can provide proof of vaccination.
- Valid photo identification that matches the vaccine record for everyone aged 12 + over
- NEW!! Children aged 12-17 (City of Calgary Bylaw & Foothills County Bylaw)
“In alignment with the provincial Restriction Exemption Program (REP), youth aged 12 to 17 are required to show proof of vaccination/negative test/medical exemption plus valid personal identification. This could be a birth certificate, health care card or passport, or other government-issued identification.”
- NEW!! Children aged 12-17 (City of Calgary Bylaw & Foothills County Bylaw)
- Valid paper or digital vaccine record that shows name, vaccine type and date of administration:
- From September 20 to October 25: proof of partial vaccination (one dose) is considered acceptable as long as the dose was given more than 2 weeks before the time of service.
- After October 25: proof of full vaccination (two doses) is required.
Let’s make this easy! Just click on the Alberta Covid Records, fill in the info and you’ll have your vaccine record!
NEW! Proof of Negative Test
People aged 12 and older can show proof of a negative test result.
- Tests must be privately-paid, Health Canada approved rapid antigen, rapid PCR or lab-based PCR test completed within the previous 72 hours.
- Valid test results should be a written or printed copy that clearly outlines the type of test, time of sample collection, clear indication of a negative result, and laboratory that completed the test, if applicable.
- Photos of a rapid test result taken offsite is not sufficient.
- Do not bring completed self-tests or rapid tests to businesses due to communicable disease risk.
- Tests must not be from Alberta Health Services or Alberta Precision Laboratories.
If you are uncertain of where a test can be obtained, please visit your local Shoppers Drugmart – CLICK HERE.
NEW! Proof of Medical Exemption
People 12 and older can provide documentation of a medical exemption.
- A valid medical exemption is the original signed letter from a physician or nurse practitioner that includes:
- Person’s name that matches their identification.
- Physician’s or nurse practitioner’s complete information, including:
- name, phone number, contact information, professional registration number and signature
- statement that there is a medical reason for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- duration that the exemption is valid
NEW! Masks and personal PPE
Masks must be worn in all indoor locations (restrooms, tents, security, hosting venues, etc.) and are suggested while in concession line-ups.
NEW! Temperature Checks
All guests must agree to a temperature check prior to entering the venue.
Please do not attend if you are feeling unwell.
Digital Tickets, Game Day Rosters and 50/50 Raffles
In an effort to eliminate touchpoints, all tickets will be accessible via the Centre Circle App or your Ticketmaster App*.
All 50/50s and Roster Sheets will also be touchless. Please look for QR Codes around the facility and your Centre Circle App.
*Please note: Ticketmaster has changed their technology and you are no longer able to capture your ticket in a screenshot. Please be sure to download your ticket to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay.
Touchless Cavalry FC Shop Purchases
In an effort to encourage contactless payment and distanced shopping whenever possible, we invite you to visit our online shop at www.cavalryfcshop.com and pick-up your package when the match is done.
The restrooms at Spruce Meadows will have increased cleaning schedules before, during, and after all matches.
Additionally, high-touch surfaces will be cleaned often.
Distanced concessions to alleviate overcrowding in certain areas.
Sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the grounds for your convenience.
Personal PPE will also be permitted on-site, please ensure that any/all hand sanitizer is under 150ml’s.
No on-site ticket sales
All tickets must be purchased in advance. There will be no game-day sales on site. Tickets can be purchased on a mobile device prior to the game.
Do I need to wear a mask to attend a Cavalry game at ATCO Field?
Masks must now be worn in all indoor locations – which includes restrooms, tents, hosting areas, security, etc.
Currently, Alberta Health Services guidelines do not require masks to be worn to attend an outdoor public event. If you feel uncomfortable without a mask, we welcome you to continue to wear your mask. We ask that all Cavalry FC fans be respectful, courteous, and understanding of the individual choices that are made.
Ticketmaster has updated their electronic ticketing app - please read
Ticketmaster has updated their technology and you are no longer able to capture your ticket in a screenshot.
Please be sure to download your ticket to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay PRIOR to arriving at Spruce Meadows if you have any issues accessing your Centre Circle App while at Spruce Meadows.
How early can I arrive on match days?
Spruce Meadows will be open 2 hours prior to kickoff each home match.
While the SW Ring Road is still under construction, we urge you to leave for Spruce Meadows as early as possible. Please see the approach routes lower on this page.
Shuttle Bus Service
RED ARROW SHUTTLE BUS
We will be offering the free Red Arrow Shuttle operating for game days from the Somerset/Bridlewood LRT Station. Please note: All AHS protocols around masks in buses will be followed, therefore, masks will be required until otherwise notified.
For Matches beginning at 7 pm:
The shuttle will operate from 5 pm – 7:20 pm. It will resume at approximately 8:45 pm – 10 pm.
For Matches beginning at 2 pm:
The shuttle will operate from 12 pm (noon) – 2:20 pm. It will resume at approximately 3:45 pm to 5 pm.
- The shuttle circuit is about every 15 – 20 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Pick-up and drop-off will be from the Husky Park roundabout on the West side of Spruce Meadows in 2021 due to construction.
Our partner pubs are also working on organizing shuttle bus services from their locations. Ask your preferred pub if they will be offering this service.
NO ATMs on-site
In an effort to encourage contactless payment whenever possible, and to eliminate touchpoints, there will be no ATM’s on-site.
Outside Food + Beverage
All outside food and beverage is prohibited – including water bottles.
We are very sorry – to reduce touch surfaces, there is no water fountain at this time, but water is available at our concessions.
Autographs and Photo Ops
In an effort to ensure the safety of our guests and players, there will be no Autograph Sessions or Photo Opportunities with the players until further notice.
With the construction of the SW Ring Road, there have been some significant changes to the route to arrive at ATCO Field at Spruce Meadows. Please leave early for matches as we anticipate traffic delays because of continuing road construction in the area. The Spruce Meadows facility will be open 2 hours prior to match time.
Items to note:
- Spruce Meadows Way on the EAST side of Spruce Meadows is currently under construction and is closed between Spruce Meadows Green and 194 Avenue. We will be temporarily opening Spruce Meadows Way from 194 Avenue to South Meadows Road during Match Days only.
- All traffic approaching Spruce Meadows from Stoney Trail must utilize the entrances via Spruce Meadows Green. You can also access Spruce Meadows via 194 Avenue from Macleod Trail (Route 2) – please consider using this route.
- Route 3 for the August 3rd Match will not be in play. Construction is not completed which was hoped to be ready for this day.